December 11, 2016

A Savior

Two years ago, as a missionary in Idaho
instead of writing a letter to Santa on Christmas Eve, 
I wrote my testimony of my Savior.

"I have come to know my Savior as an intimate friend. He has become the one I can turn to always. I can turn to Him and rejoice. I can turn to Him and cry - I can always turn to Him. [...]

I have come to know that His atonement is the greatest gift of all time. I have seen it work in people who never knew of it and after embracing it, radiated with the light of the gospel - His light. I have seen it work in those who once knew but have forgotten over time and how He extends grace to them again. I have seen it work in my own life. Not only for my sins, shortcomings, and pain, but also for my anguish of soul - my anxiety. I have come to know that He suffered that as well. My anxiety. My fears that lead to anxiety, the inexplicable anxiety, He knows it all because He felt it all. 

I have come to know my Savior as my source of peace and hope. His life, his works, his teachings - they proclaim peace and hope to all. Peace that calms the storm, peace that calms you, peace that every soul yearns for. Hope in Heavenly Father's plan. Hope in the promises afar off. Hope in Him and in His ability to be my Savior. 

I bear testimony, as His duly ordained missionary - (quoting the Living Christ) "that Jesus is the Living Christ, the immortal Son of God. He is the great King Emmanuel, who stands today on the right hand of His Father. He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come. God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son."

I am forever grateful for Him and the gift He is in my life.
Enjoy this season celebrating Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment