November 6, 2016

The Rest of the Story

A year ago, I sent my last email home from Idaho. 
My full time mission had come to a close and the weekly emails ceased.

I still have all those emails. 
I still read them occasionally.

They're a reminder to me of that chapter in the story of my life;
The things I learned, the events I chronicled, and the thoughts I sent home. 

But I've realized lately,
My story's not done. 

I'm still learning. 
I still have more to share and more to give.
And maybe, somewhere along the way, 
someone else will hear my stories and 
maybe they'll hear something they need. 

So I'm going to start sharing more. 

You're welcome to follow along and 
read the story as it unfolds. 

I have no idea what exactly the story will hold, 
but I know it will include a lot of 
vulnerability, anxiety, struggles, joys, and tears. 

Because if there's one thing my story will be, 
it will be real. 

Like for instance, 
yesterday I laid on the floor for an hour because I was paralyzed by decision, 
and then later sobbed uncontrollably on my husband's shoulder 
and covered his shirt in an excess of snot. 

But also that today I was brave. 
I opened myself up, I allowed myself to be vulnerable. 
I decided to share my story again. 

So, dear reader, if you're interested in this story,
if the cover and summary intrigue you,
settle in.

You just might enjoy a thing or two. 

3 comments:

  1. Emily the more I learn about you, the more I'm amazed by you! Thank you for your bravery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing. Your story inspires me. Keep being who you are!

    ReplyDelete