February 27, 2016

Of Sunrises

I’ve always loved sunrises.
There is something calming and peaceful about them.
Watching the world go from dark to light is simply beautiful.

But what I love most about sunrises is the time
in between the dark and the light; the time when the sky is
lit up with so many wonderful colors and hues which
gradually little by little welcome a new day.

I love how if you’re not watching,
you can miss the sunrise and the day will still become light,
but if you stop and pay attention,
you will find beauty beyond compare.
 

Often moments in my life are like the moments of the sunrise.
Gradually, sometimes almost imperceptibly, things change,
Light increases, and beauty surrounds me.

Sometimes you can’t pick a certain moment when things changed
or when you knew something for certain,
but as beautiful as the sunrises are each morning,
the changes in your life are even more breathtaking and real.
Even more beautiful.

“I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look or the words, which laid the foundation.
It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.”
- Jane Austen: Pride and Prejudice 

No comments:

Post a Comment