November 27, 2016

The Real Me

I was told once that self isn't found,
but rather self is created.

This week I was updating my resume, 
which got me thinking about how when you're job searching
you're supposed to have a "Me in 30 seconds" ready. 
Which is you basically convincing the people interviewing you
that you're worth hiring in 30 seconds. 
So, no pressure.

But then I started thinking about the
real me in 30 seconds.

Who am I really, truly, divinely, 
summarized in 30 seconds?

What is something I can tell myself 
when I'm self doubting or criticizing?

Here's my working draft:

I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father.
I am loved by Him, treasured by Him, valued by Him.
With His help, I can accomplish all things. 
Worthiness is my divine birthright.
I am an incredible wife, faithful daughter, and loving sister.
I influence and strengthen those around me more than I know. 
I am always enough and never too much.
Though I stumble, I never give up and everyday I am growing stronger.
I trust myself to know that I am becoming the woman I want to be.

It's still a work in progress, because I'm a work in progress,
but I'm keeping it on my phone so I can remember it in the moments I need it.

"One of the great blessings of understanding our true eternal identity as a child of God is that our personal sense of self-worth can only be high. There are no born losers in God's frame of reference. We are each His son or daughter with the potential to become like Him. In the gospel plan based on moral agency, we fail only if we make choices that lead to failure. But in that same light, we can make choices that will lead to our marvelous success. One of the great beauties of the gospel is that critical decisions are ours for the making."

No comments:

Post a Comment